Schoolhouse Rock Math

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Google Docs

It seems like there isn't much of a difference between the two applications, Google Docs and Microsoft Office. Both are easy to navigate, and both are very useful in creating the documents that you need for class. Obviously, using Google Docs can be an advantage for people who don't want to have to pay for Microsoft Office, but I like the versatility of Microsoft Office as well, and if you have the ability to get it, then I would probably prefer Microsoft Office, if only because of the comfort level I have with it.

Comfort level is huge in this case, because if you don't have that familiarity or trust in the program, then it can be difficult and imposing to use. As a golfer, I know that there is much better equipment out on the market that I can use, but I feel comfortable with the clubs I have now, because I'm used to them. Whenever my clubs get worn down and I buy newer ones, it usually takes me a while to break them in and get used to the different feel, but eventually I get back to playing comfortably and better. So it's not that I think one is better than the other, but it seems like the best way to distinguish between the two, at least for myself, would be by preference and comfort, which at this moment, would be with the Microsoft Office system. However, I'm sure if I spent enough time on the Google Docs system, I would have to flip a coin to pick between the two.

1 comment: